Sunday, November 11, 2012

We ARE Rich!

It's been some time since my original post. I had waited so long to start blogging that it was like a weight I was carrying around, spiritually compelled to start it and with so much on my heart to get out there.

I've been waiting for guidance about the right topic, the right time. A few weeks ago, Sarah came home from school and gave me one. Yet, I delayed. Then, this weekend, God got my attention BIG TIME with Joshie. I'm here now. Hopefully these words will help and inspire those who read it.

Sarah came home from school and said a friend had teased her about her new car (used VW bug for those who don't already know). Her friend had told her "Your family is so rich, you are spoiled and get everything you want".  This was upsetting because of course no 16 YO wants to be called spoiled and Sarah knows we're not rich in the sense that this girl meant.

I had to laugh because I've often proclaimed to be rich but not in the financial sense, Rich with blessings. I told Sarah, "We are rich, tell your friend we are rich". We are rich with the blessings of God over our family and yes, those blessings have resulted in some tangible, physical assets.  Thank you Lord! I am rich because....

 - My children. Josh and Sarah are amazing, young people. I'm far from being a perfect parent and neither is Doug and yet we're blessed with these guys. When I say I have 2 teenagers, people respond "ugh, I'm sorry". Why? they are awesome. They are respectful, hard working, good students, caring, compassionate and funny. They have AMAZINGLY GINORMOUS hearts. I pray they follow your way Lord and realize their true life potential. I thank you Lord for blessing me with them. Being a mother was truly at the top of the list of my purpose.

 - My husband. Doug and I were a hot mess when we met. Both of us carrying a boat load of baggage, with a graveyard of skeletons in our closet. We've grown up together and we make each other better. I cherish him in every possible way. He supports me, loves me, trusts me. I can tell him anything. He never harshly judges me. He is everything I could ever want in a partner and an incredible father to our children. Thank you God for bringing us together. I couldn't imagine my life without him in it.

 - Family - Between Doug and I we have a very large, supportive family.  They provide an extended safety net of protection for my nuclear family. There are so many family members we could turn to for counsel, companionship, fellowship, support, care, let alone money.  Thank you to those who are always there for us, loving us and supporting us. You are the greatest family anyone could ever want. May God bless you as he has us, each and every day.

 - Friends - We have so many. Not just acquaintances but true friends. The kind you love to spend time with, but when you can't find the time, they are still there. Doug and I like to call them low maintenance friends. We don't have to be around each other every day, but when we see each other it's like we were never apart. If we're needed, we go to them and they to us. We pray for each other, support each other through good times and bad, love one another. Thank you God for my extended network of loved ones whom I call friends.

 - Stuff - Yep, this is a catch-all category for my house, cars, appliances, the pool, yard, pets, computers, etc. We could not afford to buy the house we live in if we were in the market today. God guided us to buy where we did, when we did so we could be where he wants us to be. The schools in this area are among the best in the state. What a blessing! I'm certain this was all part of his plan.

 - Health and wellbeing - Here is the part about Josh. He was in a dirt bike accident yesterday and I think he could have died. A rope wrapped around his neck and pulled him off the bike. He appears to be okay (probably going to the Dr./hospital for a follow up) but he has a terrible rope burn around his neck.  Thank you Lord for looking out for my baby and keeping him safe. Thank you also for the general good health we are ALL experiencing. My we all acknowledge this blessing and take advantage of the good times to do your will and show gratitude for just feeling good.

Thanks for making me rich in ways beyond merely wealth. Help me to continue along your path. Help me also find the guidance and confidence to add to this blog more frequently so my readers aren't burdened for time and can join with me to acknowledge your blessings and know you better.

Much Love,
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. : ) Just keep writing!! The riches will flow with it. Sending good thoughts to you as you open your heart, for love and possibility to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Florence! Really appreciate the good vibes as I feel quite vulnerable :-) Much love to you. Hope to run into you soon.

    ReplyDelete